Escuela de Ingeniería Informática

Facultad de Ingeniería

Carrera certificada por 5 años hasta Enero de 2026

Characterizing Architectural Evaluations and Identifying Quality Attributes addressed in Systems-of-Systems: A Systematic Mapping Study

  • Gatica, D.
  • Ponce, F.
  • Astudillo, H.
  • Noël, René
Abstract:
System-of-Systems (SoS) are composed by heterogeneous constituent systems that are autonomous, independently managed and operated, and geographically distributed. Architectural evaluation is a key activity of all systems design, construction and operation; unfortunately, the interrelationships among SoS constituent systems and quality attributes (QA) make hard to evaluate SoS. Several evaluation techniques have been proposed, but this corpus of knowledge has not yet been organized for easy access. This article describes the design, execution and results of a Systematic Literature Mapping (SLM) of architectural evaluation proposals, focusing on the QA's they address and the techniques they use. The SLM yield 1675 articles, of which 22 were selected for detailed analysis; most of them take a quantitative perspective (82%) and the rest are hybrid quantitative/qualitative (18%); most proposals offer no empirical validation at all (64%); and the most addressed QA's are performance and robustness.
Year:
2018
Type of Publication:
In Proceedings
Hits: 388
Back
  • Escuela de Ingeniería Informática

  • Universidad de Valparaíso

  • General Cruz 222, Valparaíso

  • +56 32 250 3630

  • Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.